duminică, 15 mai 2011

KMS Preussen


Marseille 1943

The war is not going as well as we had hopped. So the Fuhrer has sent me to Marseille to oversee the construction of a new ship, the KMS Preussen. I am going to be it's new captain once it's finalized.

... three months ago... back in Berlin
A young man wearing a Kriegsmarine uniform waited in a hall outside the Fuhrer's office.
The door opened... you may enter know captain, said a tall man... He was Karl Donitz, Admiral and Commander of the notorious Wolfpacks...
one I have entered Hitler looked at me, analyzing me from head to toe.
- Hello Captain... you may sit... said the Fuhrer...
- Here, in this suitcase are plans for a new battleship... said Admiral Donitz...
I looked at the small suitcase that was sitting on the desk and didn't know what to think...
- Captain I am impressed by your actions in the last battles...
- I just did my duty, mein fuhrer...
- Don't be modest, alone against several British ships. The Royal Navy outnumbers us several times to one. Germany needs more captains like you... but something more important waits for you. A new ship will be constructed in Marseille, and you will be the new supervisor. As a bonus you will be put in charge or the new battleship...
After a long talk with the Fuhrer I left with the admiral towards Marseille...




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu